SACO- Representative Justin Chenette invites constituents to a training about home weatherization. The event will take place at the Saco Legislative Office, 199 Main Street in Saco, on Saturday, January 26th at 10am.
Meaghan Arzberger, Manager of Volunteer Engagement here at United Way of York County, will be leading the training. She recently led the Keep York County Warm effort that recently winterized 39 homes. Jeff Fowler, a Keep York County Warm volunteer, will also be presenting.
A representative from York County Community Action will also be speaking about programs available to limited income homeowners including possible access to Keep Maine Warm funding.
Said Rep. Chenette, “With rising fuel prices and cuts to heating assistance programs, even just a few tips for weatherizing your home can make a huge financial difference.”
Topics covered will include:
• Basic weatherization techniques and the necessary tools
• Tips on how to close off rooms and save on your heating oil bills
• How to prevent pipes from freezing
• A demonstration of some weatherization tools and supplies
• Overview of Keep Maine Warm program
• Additional winter resources for local residents including 2-1-1
If unable to attend and would like details on weatherization, please contact Rep. Chenette at, 590-3266 or email him directly at email@example.com.